Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Newest Email


HEY!!!I
Alright so Elder Quezada is in Montrose and Elder Ramirez is finally settled in here!! It's been such a tiring week cause of all the driving I have to do now! Ramirez doesn't have a drivers license so I'm the all time driver...we have to go to Denver twice this week too. He's a cool kid thoo 2 months out of Peru and its his first time out of his country! He speaks ok English too! My spanish is already continuing to get better. I feel comfortable going up to people and speaking but its tough to understand them sometimes haha So I'll just nod my head and say si or act distracted haha

Alright so spiritual story for the week!

Yesterday we were on our way to Kremmling after church (really far away) and about 1/4 the way there I started feeling like we shouldn't go. It was mostly laziness that kept me from wanting to go, but I did feel promptings as well! So we flipped around and headed back. We had no plans for working in Granby so we just decided to knock doors. The first door we knocked on let us in and it turned out she was a member! Less active for years, but we challenged her to read the Book of Mormon, and she said she would and invited us back another time. Then like 10 minutes later we parked on the side of the street to get out and knock more doors, and this lady was just standing at her door staring at us haha so I said Hey what’s up were missionaries and she’s like yeah I know I'm a member. She also was a less active member who didn't even know there was a church here! She wanted a Book of Mormon and said she would come to church!!! And you thought my laziness was a bad thing mom and dad hahaaaaa

Anyways things have been good over here! We just put 2 of our investigators on date for baptism in July! They're 20 and 23 years old . We're also still working with Kerby and her family!!!

Love you guys! Keep being awesome!

Con amor!

Elder Austin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment